Can you make money using the Observa App?
Observa is a fascinating app that allows you to complete missions as a mystery shopper and be compensated for your time! If you have been searching for simple ways to supplement your primary income, you have come to the right place. You must have heard of the Observa app if you are here, so here is a comprehensive review to answer all the questions on your mind.
We have reviewed the app purely from the perspective of how good an opportunity it is to earn a little money as a side gig. Side hustles are a great way to top up your income and ones like this are interesting and different. It makes a huge change from survey sites!
But the question is just how good is it?
Let’s get started!
What is Observa?
Observa app is a mystery shopping application that pays users to secret shop in local stores. The mystery shopping is aimed towards collecting data for purposes of market research. The app was launched back in 2016 and has since registered over 100000 users in both US and Canada.
Local shoppers are paid to go into stores and collect data set out in the instructions of the job instructions. It has paid out over $500,000 to users, who they call Observers!
What is the Observa app like?
The app is very easy to use. Its mobile-friendly, available to all Android and iOS devices. You don’t require any special skills or experience to make money on this app as everything is elementary. The overall experience using the app is great.
There are no upfronts costs to download and create an account. The layout of the website is very simple, and everything you need is right there on the screen. Observa has been downloaded over 100,000 times and has a 4.5-star rating on Google Play.
How to sign up
Observa is free to download and install for everyone. It’s a mobile-based application available on Google Playstore and Apple store. You can also download the app from the official website.
Once you have the app, you will be required to sign up by providing your PayPal email address and creating a strong password. Click on the green button ‘join’ to create an account.
The app also requires that you enable location sharing to start using it. Unlike most similar applications, you will not be required to confirm your email or create a profile to use the app.
How to make money using Observa
Once you have completed the signing up process, you can now access the available gigs. Inside your account, you will see a world map showing all the opportunities available. Opportunities are the term used to refer to the gigs.
You will notice three distinct colors:
- Red – represents the opportunities on the map.
- Yellow and blue circles – show the clusters of gigs in a specific area.
You can as well search for opportunities in your specific area on the list. This is why your current location is critical. Zoom in to your area to identify any gig near you. Once you have found one, you can tap on it, read the instructions, and then tap on accept if you are ready to get it done.
The instructions entail the description of the shop and precisely what is expected of you.
What do you do to earn money?
Most opportunities require you to:
- Visit the mystery shop
- Find the specific product
- Consult an attendant to gauge their service
- Answer questions on the products
- Take some photos to show you where there
Once you accept the gig, you will have 2-5 hours to complete it. Most gigs on the app take 20 minutes to complete. You can hit the submit button once you have done everything according to the instructions. The app team will then review your work and approve it before 24 hours lapse.
How much can you earn?
Observa pays between $4-$20 per opportunity. You can earn more depending on where you live and how many gigs you can complete, but you will only be paid if you meet all the requirements given in the instructions.
Failure to which your obligation will be rejected without remuneration. They advise 90% of observations are good enough and are paid.
Any restrictions or costs?
Observa is limited, depending on your location. Although the app claims to be available worldwide, most gigs are only available in the US and Canada. It’s not even available in all states in the US.
It’s therefore very inconveniencing for those who would like to earn through this platform. It also only pays you a set fee for the job so any traveling to and from will be an expense you bare.
How are you paid?
The platform pays via PayPal and Bitcoin. When you create an account, you will be required to provide a valid PayPal email address. Ensure you capture these details correctly since that’s where your earnings will be sent. PayPal completes the transaction within 24 hours.
For Bitcoin payments, Observa uses Coinbase so you can choose which cryptocurrency you want.
Online reviews – what do people say about Observa?
As with any platform such as this people have plenty to say. Sometimes it’s hard to gauge how good an opportunity it is by just looking at the star rating, as that’s the average from all of the reviews. Sometimes things change and so what was good back 2017 may be very different today!
What people liked
- Quick approval- the Observa team takes 24 hours at most to approve the submitted opportunities. The time taken may be affected by holidays and weekends.
- Decent pay- this app pays more than most secret shopping apps. The more tasks you can complete, the more you earn.
- There is no minimum cash out. As soon as you complete your gig and its approved, your earnings will be sent to your PayPal account.
- All payments are completed immediately after an opportunity is approved. Your funds will be sent to your PayPal account and be ready for withdrawal in 24 hours.
- The app gives very clear instructions. Once you click on a gig, you will get very clear instructions on how the opportunity should be completed.
What people disliked
- Limited opportunities- the app is great until you can’t find any opportunities near you. The opportunities are usually distributed according to location. It’s easy to find yourself on the unlucky side. At times, you will find the opportunities, but the chances are very slim to find several in a day.
- The app seems to have issues- many users, both android and iOS, have complained that the app does not seem to work. Some claim that the app has issues opening or logging in. Three are also many claims that users were unable to complete their profile.
- The opportunities require you to pay close attention to the stringent requirements- the gigs on this platform are very easy to complete. However, they come with very strict conditions, failure to which you will not be paid.
Is Observa legit?
Yes, the app is legitimate. After conducting extensive research, we found tons of positive reviews backing this app. Many users have been able to make money using the app. If you complete the opportunity as instructed, you will receive your payment in 24 hours.
The only problem with the app is the limited opportunities and location. However, you will love the platform, especially if you love shopping and have time on your hands. You will be getting paid to do what you love!
The Better Business Bureau has graded them an A
Right, you will never get rich or even replace your monthly salary by using this app but, it is fun! The concept is great and if you like the idea of going undercover to complete missions then this is for you. An issue with it seems to be the lack of jobs available where you are and the distances you have travel. You should also remember this is not available in all states either.
That being said, it is a legitimate opportunity to do something different, have some fun and earn a little cash on the side. The earnings per job are decent and you may strike it lucky and be in a location where they pop up!
Here are some other articles you may like:
This post contains affiliate links that we receive a small commission for, at no cost to you.